The other parts were just solid round and hollow square bar stock.I mail ordered a couple of end bearings to hold the stainless rod that the saw attaches to but those were the only parts that were not shop made(other than the chain on the pedal)
. I ran a little short on wood from my initial maple board that I was using so I made a few parts from some cherry I had on hand. The saw frame is made from cherry and a couple brackets that hold the saw mechanism are also cherry. The maple is a little dark and the cherry is a little light from being just cut so they look like they are the same shade, but as the light hits the cherry that will change.
This glue was a dream to work with. It has a long working time around 30 min. and is totally reversible which was a good thing as I found out.I glued up the part of the pressure bar that attaches to the main frame and forgot to check for square and it was out just a slight bit but it was enough to make it unworkable.I just added hot water to the joint and let it set and I was able to take it apart and correct my mistake. I would highly recommend this glue to anyone.
I had to add a little seat as I was not about to sit for hours on a flat pc. of wood.
It took a little time to get the saw adjusted to cut at a perfect 90deg. I made several test cuts making adjustment to the saw frame at the vertical and horizontal adjusters behind the saw after every test. When I was happy it was cutting right I put together a small veneer packet of 4 veneers and cut a bird as a test. It was cut in about 10 min. and was just to see if the parts would fit. I can already tell how much more control I have with this saw and canot wait to get started on a real project.
All remains to do is add a little piece of marquetry on the front pc. were the 4 bolts hold the horizontal arm,this will of course be cut on the chevalet.