Sunday, December 16, 2012

Starting the Chair

Well I went into my wood stash and  found a couple pine boards that were 2"x 5" x 12' long for the prototype. I put chalk marks on the boards to plan out were I wanted to cut the parts.These boards were rough cut lumber that I got from someone over 13  years ago and they were in his garage for a lot longer than that so its nice to see them finally getting used for something.

I decided that even though this is a practice chair I'm going to try to make it as a usable chair because most of the furniture in the house is made from pine and if it there isn't any changes that need to be made I might save myself from having to make another one, well at least for a little while.
As of today I have most of the parts cut out so  I'll let them sit for a day or two to acclimate to my shop and then I can mill them down to almost the final dimension.
I have anther project in the planning stages so maybe I can work on both of these at the same time but with the holidays fast approaching I'll be glad to get any time in my shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, as always, are welcome!